Levitch Design Australia Design Package Competition (“Competition”)
Terms & Conditions
1. This Competition is being organised and managed by LDA Group Pty Ltd ACN 164 779 051 of Unit 24, 28 Barcoo Street, Chatswood NSW 2067, Australia trading as Levitch Design Australia (“Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Competition constitutes the Entrant’s acceptance of these conditions. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
3. Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter.
How to Enter
4. The Competition commences on 21st March 2014 at 9am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and entries for the first round close on 20th June 2014, entries for the second round close on 20th September 2014, entries for the third round close on 20th December 2014 and entries for the final round close on 20th March 2015. All entries close at 11.59pm of the aforementioned dates. (“Competition Period”).
5. To enter into the Competition, Entrants (“you”) must, during the Competition Period:
(a) Write in 75 words or less on A-4 paper about the benefits that your business would derive from having a new workplace fit-out.
(b) Complete as an entry form the Schedule to these Terms & Conditions;
(c) Submit your entry together with the completed Schedule to the Promoter by email directed to email@example.com or mail to reach the Promoter before the end of the Competition Period.
(d) Submit your entry via the Promoters website.
6. You may enter the Competition as many times as you like during the Competition Period.
7. Competition entries will be judged by industry experts comprising a panel of 3 persons for originality and creativity.
8. The Prize for winning the Competition is a fit-out design by LDA for the Entrant’s business workplace to a maximum value (calculated at current market rates) of $25,000. Value is at the sole discretion of LDA.
9. You acknowledge that depending on the size and complexity of your business workplace, the Prize may only cover design of a fit-out for part of your premises or may have an ultimate value of less than $25,000
10. One entry per round will be selected as the winning entry.
11. The winning entry will be announced thirty one days after the completion of each round at 11.00 am at the offices of the Promoter and, after notification of the winner by telephone or email (at the number or email address given by the winner in the Schedule), the winner’s details will be published on the Promoter’s website.
12. The winning entry will be selected at the Promoter’s office.
13. The Prize is non-transferable, exchangeable or redeemable (in whole or in part) for cash.
14. The Winner must claim the Prize within 12 months of the end of the Competition Period after which award of the Prize will be at the discretion of the Promoter.
15. Entering the Competition is free.
16. The decision of the Promoter and the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into with the Promoter.
17. The Promoter:
(a) reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, the Prize, or these rules at any time without prior notice;
(b) reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process;
(c) will not be liable for any losses incurred as a result of any cancellation or changes to the competition.
18. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given under the legislation regulating the competition, if the prize is: (i) not claimed by the winning Entrant by a date 12 months after the end of the Competition Period or (ii) forfeited for any reason, the prize will be deemed unclaimed. The Promoter may conduct, but is not under any obligation to conduct a selection of a second winner.
19. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of the Prize and is not responsible for the quality or fitness for any purpose of the Prize, or the failure of the Prize to be of merchantable quality or to meet the winner’s expectations. If liability under legislation cannot be excluded, the liability of the Promoter is limited to re-supplying the relevant services or paying the cost of their resupply.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for e-mail, internet, computer hardware and software, phone and/or any other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays that may prevent you from entering the Competition, or that interfere with your compliance with the rules of this Competition. You are solely responsible for submitting a valid entry.
21. You agree that the Promoter is not liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance of prize, participation in the Competition, any delay or inability to submit an entry or any act or omission by you or any third parties
22. You agree to indemnify and release and keep indemnified and released the Promoter against any loss or damage suffered or any claim incurred by the Promoter arising out of inaccuracies or illegal content contained in your entry submitted or an act or omission by you or a breach of these terms by you.
23. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death that is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or your accepting or using the Prize.
24. If, due to any reason whatsoever, the Promoter becomes aware after the winner of the prize is announced that the winner has not complied with these terms, that winner will have no entitlement to the prize, even if the Promoter has announced them as a winner and that Entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought by you. Where the operation of this competition results for GST purposes, in supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, Entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values. All taxes and any other costs related to this prize not specifically stated within these terms are the sole responsibility of the winner.
26. The information that you provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this Competition. By entering this Competition, you consent to the storage of your personal information on the databases of the Promoter and you agree that the Promoter may use this information and your entry for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services including contacting you via electronic messaging. You agree that Promoter may disclose your personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with you. The Promoter and its partners are bound by Privacy laws.
27. The Promoter is not liable for any delay or failure in performing its obligations under these terms caused by unforeseeable circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
28. These terms are to be construed in accordance with the laws from time to time in the State of New South Wales and the parties submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction in New South Wales.
29. Entrants can contact the Promoter at the following address: LDA Group Pty Ltd, PO Box 776 Chatswood NSW 2067.